Monday, September 10, 2012

Nursery, New Apartment & Summer Fun

 When I found out we were having a girl the idea of a room coated in pink made me a little nauseous. The darling doll, made by my talented friend Emily (check out www.recipe4cute.etsy.com), inspired the color scheme  and style for the nursery/guest room. The first thing I made was the butterfly mobile. I’m pleased as punch with how it turned out. Maybe Aubrie knows the longer she waits the more decked out her room will be.  


 
We are officially unpacked and settled into our new apartment over a month after moving in. We feel blessed to be in this new space before Aubrie joins us and we’re getting the hang of being resident managers too.  We love the quiet of living on a dead end and having enough space to dance around the living room. We can’t wait to fill our new apartment with friends and family, so come on over!

Now that Aubrie is past her due date we find ourselves staring curiously at an almost empty calendar. Our schedule is usually packed to the max, but we were hoping she’d be taking up most of our time by now. Hence, I’ve started doing things I never intended to have time for like sewing buttons on pants, decorating the nursery and organizing pictures.



Mitch and I also decided to check out the Puyallup Fair and Rodeo last weekend. I love going to the fair! It brings back a plethora of childhood memories. Growing up I participated in 4-H. During the summer I raised a pig or sheep to show at the fair. I still love wandering around and seeing the craft projects, art and photography on display. And who doesn’t love to see the miniature ponies or eat a caramel apple and watch the mutton busting?

We have also taken advantage of the bounteous supply of wild blackberries that grow in Seattle the past couple of weeks. We made cobbler and muffins and still have some in our freezer. 

Having family visit was another summer highlight. We tend to get out and enjoy Seattle more when we have visitors. While mom and sis were here we went to Pike Place, Golden Gardens, Greenlake and Archie McPhees and did a lot of shopping for Aubrie.  The next week we went to the Arboretum and fed the ducks and stayed up late playing board games with my brother and sis-in-law. Summer 2012 has been quite a treat. Bring on the fall and bring on the baby!  





1 comment:

  1. That mobile is adorable! I can't believe you made that! It looks great. I can't wait till that little angel finally makes an appearance!

    ReplyDelete