Sunday, August 15, 2010

An Awfully Big Adventure

We saw a brilliant performance of Peter Pan this week at threesixty theater in San Francisco. Mitch got an amazing deal on the tickets and we couldn't pass up the opportunity to see my favorite show. It was performed in the round in a huge tent with projections on the inside walls of the tent for scenery. This made it look ridiculously cool when they were flying because it seemed like they were really soaring through London into Neverland. It also made the mermaid lagoon scene very neat because we felt like we were underwater. The design of the show digitally, esthetically and architecturally was fantastic. Their fly system was also very neat and allowed them to flip, turn and hang upside down. Most of the cast was from England and some characters used Scottish accents which was very fun. We also loved the incorporation of puppetry and aerialists. I love the magic of this show. This was definitely the best performance of Peter Pan I have ever seen. Good job Mitch on planning an unforgettable evening!



This will be my last week with the family I've been nannying for all summer before they go back to school. We've had a lot of fun playing with water balloons, going to the park, making cake, brownies and cookies, collages and a plethora of other activities. I will nanny for a new family until we move starting at the end of the month.


Last weekend I got to go home to Utah for my best friend's wedding! Katie Bond married Kenneth Bennion in the Logan, Utah temple last Saturday. I was so thrilled to be there sharing in such a happy and beautiful celebration. Everything went perfectly and it was so good to see this perfect couple sealed together forever. I arrived in Utah a few days before the wedding and got to hang out with my family. It was a blast spending time with Natalie, Jordan and Kody at the movies, shopping and the water park. It was delightful spending time with them. Lee came home from his mission yesterday and called us from Salt Lake! It was so great to hear his voice and lucky for us my dad and all 3 brothers will visit later this week.

1 comment:

  1. Megs, you are so gorgeous! And you inspired me to get some leggins for a darling dress I have that is slightly too short.

    ReplyDelete