I started 2 new jobs this week! I'm already really excited about both. On Mondays & Wednesdays I'll be a nanny for an 8 yr old girl and 4 yr old boy. I'll be running them around to golf camp, swimming lessons, karate, cooking camp and summer school plus lots of fun activities. Today I also started working at VineCinema. It's this really neat theater in Livermore that specializes in Independent Films, Documentaries and Sporting events (they also show a few summer blockbusters). The theater has tables and couches in it so the patrons can order delicious food and a variety of drinks for their movie experience. I didn't realize how little I knew about alcoholic drinks until I was trained today :) Both jobs will be fun with great perks such as free movies and field trips to the zoo.
Last weekend Mitch and I went to Dell Valle Park and rented a pedal boat and took it out on the beautiful lake. We also watched wild cow milking at the Livermore Rodeo (which they make a huge deal of out here, but it is nothing compared to most Utah rodeos). We've loved going to the Farmer's Market every Thursday and getting fresh produce and tasty dinner. Other fun activities around town 7 at home include playing dominoes and pool with the Oates, making fancy dinners, eating at the Alehouse, bowling and going to the gym.


The Alehouse is a really popular place to hang out and the food is amazing. I had this HUMONGOUS mushroom burger last weekend...I'm still full ;)



Pedal Boating at Dell Valle a State Park about 15 min. away.

We made strawberry-banana crepes with some fantastic strawberries from the farmer's market.

We thought this was HILARIOUS! The man on the right is clearly giving a pervy thumbs up about the mostly naked model in the store window next to him, is he not? The set up could not be more perfect...he's standing in front of an Italian Restaurant and she's in the lingerie shop next door.
I love that idea of a paddle boat Anderson and I should try that sometime. I got excited to see you went to Alehouse (which is where Anderson works) but I'm not sure it's the same restaurant. Mitch you look like a stud in that pic by the restaurant! and Megs you get more beautiful every day! Good luck with your jobs!
ReplyDelete