I've always wanted to live in California and this summer I'm getting my wish. We are in Livermore (East Bay area) for the summer. Mitch is doing an internship at LLNL in the Weapons and Complex Integrations department. We are renting a room in a really beautiful house. We have our own room and bathroom, plus shared kitchen, laundry room, living room (including pool table) and backyard. It's a pretty sweet setup and our roommates are rarely here so it almost feels like we're renting the whole house. There is a grocery store right around the corner called Lucky we like to walk to. We have a whole list of fun summer activities to do in the Bay Area in the evenings and on weekends. Mitch and I haven't had this much free time to spend together our whole marriage, it's delightful. I've been hired as a substitute camp councilor at Galileo Summer Camp and training is tomorrow. I'm still trying to find a more consistent job to keep me busy and earn some money for our big adventures.
Livermore is a lovely little family town. I wouldn't mind living in an area like this long term at all. Last night we went to the Farmer's Market and bought some delicious fruit and shave ice. We also played our Wii together for the first time since we got it a few months ago. It's so wonderful spending time together...YAY summer!
It sounds so nice where you guys are! I hope you have a great summer!
ReplyDelete