Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween Extravaganza!


Cheshire Cat, Queen of Hearts, and the Mad Hatter
     I'll start off by saying that I do not like paste-like makeup, hairs tickling my face, and especially the horrendous act known as putting on mascara. However, when you marry an actress that enjoys dressing up and doing extravagant makeup, there's got to be a little give and take... so I told Megs that this year for Halloween, we could go all out. After going to Value Village (a 2nd-hand clothes store) every other day for 2 months, Megan was giddy to put on our makeup and the finishing touches to our costumes. It took about an hour to do all of my makeup, much like a haircut for a screaming 2-year old takes 45 minutes, but in the end it was definitely worth it! 


      As it turned out, we won the award of best overall couple for our costumes. Our spoils were an official Emmy Award and bragging rights to be sure! 
Later we played Name That Movie with 100 movie clips in a few minutes, followed by some dancing. Little-known Fact: The Queen and the Mad Hatter do in fact enjoy a little dancing now and then, despite their frequent exchanges of fierce threats.
Last night we carved some ghoulish pumpkins, the same ones featured in the previous post, roasted the seeds, and watched a movie while scarfing down popcorn.  Halloween is great!

Pumpkins All A-Glow
              

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, you guys are awesome! If I didn't think I could have thought more highly of you before, I've proven myself wrong. I think next year for Halloween Nathan and I will dress up as Mitch and Megan Jones. ;^)

    ReplyDelete