I decided to schedule my ACL surgery (other knee, this time) for one week after Spring term classes/finals ended. June 17th seemed all well-and-good because I'd be done with classes and nothing else was on my plate. Megan's schedule didn't look quite as good, though.
She started rehearsing for her play, "Into the Woods," over in Kitsap, WA, which takes most weeknights. Also, the Seattle Rock 'N Roll marathon she has been training for was June 25th. Earlier that week Megan's Dad and brothers were coming up to spend a few days with us and to drop off Kody (my brother-in-law who is spending the summer with us).
Despite everything happening at once, it all worked out remarkably well!
But let's just touch on the highlights.
0) Before the surgery, we went camping at Larrabee State Park. We hiked to the top of the mountain we camped next to (wait, why am I having surgery again?)!
1) I had ACL surgery on my left knee. It went quite well and I'm healing quickly!
2) Awesome (read 'entertaining') dreams from the pain medication. Our favorite reveals my true character as a physicist: I had a dream that I was graphing a function. It was 'Jet Room' as a function of 'Please Wait', which is measured in seconds, of course.
3) Megs finished her first marathon! Quite a feat (no pun intended)!
4) A combination of the above items: seeing the two of us hobbling around after the marathon. Me on crutches and Megs waddling like a penguin.
Pre-surgery camping trip. This really was such a perfect camping trip and hike. We started at the same elevation as the water, so it was quite a hike!
Right before the surgery. They gave me a heated blanked and a needle in the arm... living like a king!
Megs after her marathon! Her the next day, with Kody, cookin' up somethin' in the kitchen!
Yikes! Note to self...never let anyone (mitch) take a picture of you 5 minutes after running a marathon when you are closer to death than you've ever been in your life...sexy. Love you Mitch. I don't even remember this picture being taken.
ReplyDeleteWay to be. I am so proud of both of you. Sorry I haven't commented for a while. You guys are awesome!
ReplyDeleteGlad the surgery went well Mitch! Megan you look great and awesome job with the Marathon! Hope to see a blog about Into The Woods soon!! Wish I could come see it!
ReplyDelete