On Monday, March 21st, we went to Toys R Us to buy some kites. (By the way, I would recommend going to Toys R Us for a date anytime!) We got a "fancy" two-handled kite, along with a MicroKite, which is only about 6 inches wide! After Toys R Us, we headed over to kite hill on Lake Union (which is actually part of Puget Sound). The two-handled kite was VERY fun to fly. When whipped across the sky quickly, it would make sharp dives, rigidly flapping in the wind and making quite a bit of noise.
Here's Megan flying the kite near the Lake, with the Seattle Space Needle as a backdrop.

Megan also found out yesterday that she got cast for a voice-over for a video game. The game is based on the Nancy Drew books (http://www.herinteractive.com/Mystery_Games) and is the first voice-over Megan has done! She is very excited to have this part, especially with such a respectable company!
The LDS General Conference (wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Conference_(LDS_Church)) this weekend was also great. The counsel given by the leaders was inspiring, uplifting, and Spirit-filled. We started a tradition this year that every General Conference we'll be making home-made cinnamon rolls.... and they were AMAZING! If anyone needs the greatest cinnamon roll recipe, follow this! Do this recipe (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Ooey-Gooey-Cinnamon-Buns/Detail.aspx) WITHOUT the brown sugar goo on the bottom and then use the icing from this recipe (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Clone-of-a-Cinnabon/Detail.aspx).
That's really funny I had the exact same thought to start that very same tradition but I didn't find a recipe and I didn't wake up in time. That looks like a very yummy idea though. I'll have to try it.
ReplyDelete